This dessert recipe is ideal for family get-togethers and will make you the family favourite instantly!
- 1 ½ litre of Auvarna premium A2 desi cow milk
- 1 cup rice, washed and soaked in water
- ½ tsp of kesar mixed in half a cup of milk
- ½ cup of almonds, chopped
- ½ cup of pistachios, chopped
- ¼ cup of cashew nuts
- Few drops of yellow food colour
- 1 cup of sugar
- Take milk in a heavy bottomed vessel and bring it to boil.
- Lower the flame, add the soaked rice and cook it uncovered for 20-25 minutes. Keep stirring continuously.
- Add all the nuts and cook for another 20 minutes on low heat.
- Add the food colour, soaked kesar, and sugar. Cook for another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and let it come to room temperature.
- Keep it in the refrigerator and allow the kheer to cool.
- Garnish with sliced almonds. Serve chilled.